Monday, December 18, 2006

THREE MONTHS!

OK, I haven’t written in a while. Here’s what’s happened in the last couple of months:

Halloween—Is geekiness hereditary? Will was a clone trooper, Trav was Darth Vader, Reese was Yoda and I was Princess Leia (using my own hair, I might add!). We went to a party at Trav’s dad’s house (as well as trick or treating, of course).

Will turned 9. He had a couple friends from Greenville spend the weekend and a low key party with a few neighborhood kids too.

The election. Had a very jaded statement prepared about the Republicans "allowing" the Dems to win, but I don't want anyone to think I'm cynical.

Will is learning his times tables. He understands the concept—now its time for rote memorization. We’re wearing out the school house rock DVD and walking around spitting out facts and products all the time. I never realized the sevens were so hard! (I used pneumonic devices which apparently only had meaning to me.) In addition to flashcards we also have http://www.multiplication.com/ . Don’t you just love the internet?

Reese is actually a parrot instead of a human. She’s learning her times tables right along with Will.

Beautiful Christmas tree but a mere 7 feet (our house in Greenville had high ceilings and we had a 10’ tree.) We have lots of extra lights and ornaments due to the difference. To compensate we have a circus in our front yard.

Work is picking up. I have inadvertently become a condo specialist but don’t worry; I’ll still help you find a house in Atlanta whenever you want to move here.

Kitten (did you know we had a new kitten?) is hell on paws. He attacks the dog, can jump 6 feet in any direction from complete stand still and he thinks our fake cranberry garland is delicious. (He'll settle for a toilet paper snack in a pinch.)

Diane and I went to a rockin’ concert—The Wiggles! We took Reese, Lauren and Brooke and got caught in a typhoon afterwards. I wanted to throw a pair of tiny panties on the stage, but thought better of it as the time grew near.

We’ve definitely been enjoying the grandparents and hanging out with Di and Jeff. (Reese and Diane’s oldest daughter Brooke look like they could be sisters). I do miss my Greenville neighbors and buddies and the proximity to the mountains.

I know this is dry, but I’ll work on being charming and witty after my Christmas cards are done (cards that I’m trying to complete with a sick two-year-old helping)! Pictures coming soon, too.

6 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clone Trooper? Isn't it a STORM Trooper? :) Ha Ha. I guess we are getting old too fast. Cute family!

 
At 2:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos!
Okay...pics of kitten are needed.
And how are Winky, Angel and Chelsea?

Love the Star Wars Family.
Very scary Darth and Jango Clone...

Miss you guys,

--Aunt Kim

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Lisa D said...

Kim G. I would not know the difference if I did not live with a 9-year-old boy. Apparently the prequels (at least episodes two and three) had soldiers that were clones of Jango Fett.

Kim C. I'll try but kitten pics are hard to get (at least ones that don't include a black and white blur). He's nine months old so he hardy looks like a kitten anymore. He looks like a skinny, leggy Bud. (What do you call that breed anyway?)

Winky is hybernating in the basement, Angel is as mean as ever (she's done more damage to to the windows and doors than your bird)and Chloe basically lives under my bed. The kitten treats her like a trampoline evey time she ventures out

 
At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the comment to Kim Z. (G?) that Lisa D. knew about Jango because she lives with a 9-year-old boy...
<< Unlike childless Auntie Kim, who has no excuse other than a scary Episode 4/5/6- obsessed geekiness. (Seriously...)
1/2/3 were suffered-through simply due to a religious zeal.
The 1000s of clones and battle were cool graphically tho.

Kudos to Will's attention to storyline detail and overall Star Wars comprension. :)
Go Boba Fett's Papa-clones!!

Kitten<< understood. Bud-kitty was a tortoiseshell, according to his vet.
His coat was was quad-colored. Black, white, gray and a dappled tan.
And his paws looked like he had a handful of jellybeans with different-color toes.
Bud was also a blurred wildcat as a baby-tortie. I suggest trying several shots panning with your camera as if tracking a race car and/or some sort of sturdy net.
I miss ol' Budweiser. I hope Kitten is every bit as much fun.

I thought Chelsea was the retriever...man.
Screwed up. Bad, bad auntie...

And I completely forgot sweet, stinkypoo Chloe...
Poor little underbed creampuff.

Smoochies!

 
At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah man...I misspelled 'comprehension'...
*sigh*

--Auntie Kim (again)

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greenville neighbors miss you. I think you could have one the neighborhood halloween contest as a unit. Hattie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home